Scotsburn Dairy Group, a leading processor and distributor of fresh quality dairy products and ice cream in Atlantic Canada, requires a Maintenance Manager for its fluid milk production facility located in Sydney, Nova Scotia.
Reporting to the Production Manager, a key role of this position is to be the Chief Engineer. The successful candidate for the position must have a Stationary Engineer’s certification.
Other responsibilities of this position include:
• Managing and monitoring the parts inventory
• Developing and implementing schedules and procedures for preventative maintenance programs
• Directing the installation of equipment
• Supervising contractors and overall management and leadership of all maintenance employees
• Planning and managing the departmental maintenance budget
• Performing safety inspections and accident investigations
• and other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Post secondary education in Mechanical Engineering or related education and experience
• Minimum of 4th Class Stationary Engineer certificate is a definite requirement
• 1st Class Refrigeration Ticket considered an asset
• Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Ability to communicate effectively throughout all levels of organization
• Ability to make decisions and solve problems in a fast-paced environment
• Experience in the use of computerized process control systems and preventative maintenance systems considered an asset.
If you are interested in a challenging career with the dairy business, please forward resume quoting “Maintenance Manager” to:
Scotsburn Dairy Group
P.O. Box 1240
Sydney, Nova Scotia B1P 6J9
Or fax: : 902-485-1061